Almost every family in the United States has one passenger car at least if not more. Driving a car in the United States is often considered to have one of the best traffic disciplines in the word.
The U.S Department of Transportation lays down clear specific guidelines state-wise on driving instructions, it only becomes tougher and stricter when a child is on board.
The Centre for Disease Control & Prevention which is a federal agency states that the risk or chances reduce by 71% of a child dying in a road accident if they were securely strapped to the car seat.
Therefore it becomes the top priority for you as a parent to make sure that you take all precautions and safety for the well being of your child.
For most of the families in the United States they are faced then with the dilemma of choosing the car seat, it now appears more of prepping your vehicle for a long haul journey to the moon and back.
When you visit stores which sell car seats, you have to check for the weight limits that the car seat can hold up to, buckles and belts to hold in place the car seat. Then, of course, you have to anchor the car seat with the latches; this can be quite intimidating for the novice or first-timers.
Once you have made up your mind on buying a car seat, it becomes very difficult to choose from a wide array of brands, colors, sizes to choose from.When buying a car seat you as a parent need to keep these 3 simple points in mind
1. The age of your child.
2. The height and weight of your child.
3. Does the car seat meet the norms and standards of safety as laid down by your state?
Generally, if your child is in the age group up to 2 years it is mandatory to have a rear-facing car seat, but you need to check if the weight requirements are met.
If your child is in the age group 2 to 4 years then a forward facing car seat is required, again do bear in mind weight requirements.
If your child is in the age group 4 to 8 years, a forward facing belt-positioning booster seat would be required.
Beyond the age of 8 years, seat belts are OK, but if the child is in the weight category of the earlier one then a booster car seat is recommended.
The Golden thumb rule is always, Please make sure children are always in the rear seat when driving.
Now that you have the requirements in place, if your child is in the age group of 4 to 8 year and weighs between 40 – 120 pounds, we review one such product for you the Britax Highpoint Belt-Positioning Booster Seat, Asher by BRITAX.
Some of the features of this Highpoint Belt-Positioning Booster car seat are
• As your child grows this car seat headrest can be adjusted up to 10 different positions to protect the head.
• While on a long journey you have the option of keeping 2 cups in the cup-holders which are removable and easily washed, they are dishwasher safe.
• To protect the delicate skin of your baby the car seat is made of soft fabric and they come in vivid colors and styles.
• To provide for maximum crash protection the car seat is designed and constructed with deep walls to provide impact to the torso, pelvis, and head.
• The side impact pelvic protection is made of 3 layers of impact cushioning, the shell of the car seat is foam lined.
• The secure guard, the clip that positions the belt aligns easily to secure the car seat with the lap belt of the vehicle.
• The push switch connector on the lower side holds in place the car seat to the vehicle when not in use.
• The belt guides are color coded to easily position the child’s seat belt properly across upper thighs.
• The car seat is designed to be narrow to accommodate 3 passengers comfortably in the back seat.
• This car seat comes with an expiry period of 10 years from the manufacture date.
This car seat retails at Amazon at a reasonable price and is made by Britax who they believe that family life should be lived to the fullest and without limits. They have been pioneers in child safety for over 70 years. To ensure that their products are crash safe they conduct twice the number of the test as mandated by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
This Highpoint Belt-Positioning booster car seat provides the completely safe and worry-free driving experience for the family. With the front-facing booster car seat which is easy to install even for the first timers, the car seat latches securely to the vehicle lap belt.
The features of this car seat with its cleverly built design and quality tested to make this car seat an ideal choice.
The added feature of providing 2 armrests with removable cup holders which are dishwasher safe is awesome.
The 10 position headrest to provide for comfortable headrest as you watch your child grow is a feature that customers would love.
The added feature of 3 layers providing side impact protection is what we like most of this product.
To ensure you enjoy the car seat, Britax provides you with a 1-year warranty on this product and 10-year expiration on this product which leaves you with many years of pleasure filled cruising and driving experience with your child.